Platinum Alexander Brilliant Cut 0.80 CT Diamond Ring
This Alexandra Brilliant Cut 0.80ct pave diamond ding was inspired by Queens Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara and comes in the highest diamond colour grade 'D' for the ultimate sparkle.
About The Diamond Ring
- Cut: Brilliant
- Colour: D
- Clarity: VVS2
- Total Carat Weight: 0.80
- Certificate: EGL
- Metal: Platinum
This rings is available in stock in size K however this ring can be made to order in sizes J,K,L,M,N,O, P.
Gift Wrapping - This ring comes gift wrapped in our signature gift box before being hand tied with a a crisp white ribbon.
About the Round Brilliant Diamond - Setting the standard, this diamond shape is the most popular and one of the most beautiful of all the cuts of diamond. Developed in Europe, the cut has 58-facets divided among its crown (top), girdle (widest part) and pavilion (base) which is calibrated through a precise formula to achieve the maximum shine as the cut naturally follows the rough diamond crystal. The round brilliant cut is perhaps the most versatile of all cuts both in terms of style and value and strikes the ideal balance between cut, colour, clarity, carat and budget.
About Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara -The kokoshnik is a traditional Russian folk headdress. Adopted by the imperial family in the nineteenth century it was the inspiration for the new style of sumptuous heavily jewelled tiaras worn at court from the mid-century onwards. The family ties between the Russian and British royal families through Queen Victoria ensured that the Russian style was keenly adopted in the west. Made for Alexandra, Princess of Wales the sister of Empress Maria Feodorovna and consort of Tsar Alexander III of Russia, it was presented for her 25th wedding anniversary. Each bar is pavé-set with brilliant-cut diamonds in white and yellow gold. Like tiaras of a similar design, it can be worn as a necklace. Queen Alexandra wore it on many occasions, notably for the marriage of the Duke of York (later King George V) to Princess Victoria Mary of Teck in 1893. It was bequeathed to The Queen in 1953.